Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Have Your Cake and Christmas, Too!



Did you ever see the movie Babe

You know...the one about the pig who herds sheep?

NO?!?!
Well...there's this duck...named Ferdinand...
who finds out a good friend of his
just became Christmas dinner.

Horrifying, I know.

Well, actually it's really funny...

but he flies off squawking
"Christmas means carnage!! "Christmas means carnage!!"

Well, I'm starting to feel like MY goose is cooked!
I've been too busy to finish up some Christmas projects I wanted to show you...
guess they'll keep till next time.
So, I thought I'd share some confectionery inspiration
in case you needed some for all those Christmas parties:
  

Above:
The Santa hat is cake cut to a cone shape
then iced and covered in fondant.
I used a star tip to make the "fur".
The snowflakes are fondant cut with cookie cutters and left to harden.


Same technique here for the "fur" and snowflakes.
The gold buckle was edible dust mixed
with vanilla extract and painted on.

Everything was sprayed with edible pearl spray.


Cupcakes are super easy...and super portable.

These were chocolate with peppermint buttercream.


The presents and the Santa hat were made with fondant.
I've seen people shape toppers out of taffy and other
soft candies when they didn't want to mess with fondant.
There are lots of options.

My crazy busy time is almost done...then I can
relax and enjoy the rest of the season.
Oh boy I can't wait.

Come back in a couple days...I'll be sharing some
yummy tarts and Christmas traditions.
I may even throw in a house tour or two!

Are you almost done with your shopping and gift making?
Not me...but I've got it all planned out!
Have a sweet week!

...and don't forget the secret code:

Baa...Ram...Ewe!!


Whipping up frosting here:


7 comments:

  1. Those are just darling cakes! I love them. You did a great job. I am so far behind it is laughable (or cryable) Hope you have a great Tuesday- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fabulous are these. I love this idea. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a big project and such beautiful cakes and cupcakes! Thanks for sharing on Tasty Tuesdays! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a amazing santa hat cake, Im going to send this to my best friend who loves anything santa all year round lol
    Im stopping by from the Link Party,

    Take care Maria
    http://www.simplenaturedecorblog

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so great!! So creative and so festive! :) Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful job. Those are incredible. Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, they look wonderful! So beautiful, I don't do a great job of spreading on pre-made tub icing...such talent you have! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments make me a happy girl!
I love and read each and every one!
I do my best to respond to all of them...even though it may take a while...questions I try to answer right away.